Saturday 7 September 2013

Book review: Chicken Soup for the soul 20th anniversary edition




I grew up reading chicken soup for the soul. And if by association, chicken soup always makes me feel better after symptoms of cold or flu. My doctor brother does the same, so I can't be completely wrong.
This book talks about love (how the man made a list about characteristics he wanted in his partner and how God granted a partner), (I love the story of how a teacher made all the difference), (about how hugging can make a difference), learning to love yourself, parenting, learning, living your dream, overcoming obstacles, wisdom but not as you know it.


My Psychological Perspective:
I think from my psychological perspective, the stories presented in the "Chicken soup for the soul" series are effective because they are from real people, and you can connect with the writer.
While these are not stories geared for young readers, they can be shared in the family and the stories don't go old.

My Christian Perspective:
My personal opinion is that we have so many challenges in everyday life, and how God helps us overcome these challenges is a testimony. The author wrote in the first chapter that the book was initially rejected by publishers. But when it finally got published, people kept sending their stories in too.
Each of these stories inspire others. If you have a story, why won't you share them too? Has God saved you through a miracle? Did you learn something about life today?

My overall rating: 

Loved it, and always have. This book makes for a great gift for young and old. I don't adore every story or buy into every story, but as with every edition, there is bound to be a story that was made for you to read.
Always have a box of tissues on hand, don't say I didn't warn you.

Chicken Soup for the soul 20th anniversary edition is now available on Amazon and good bookstores.


I was provided a review copy of Chicken Soup for the soul 20th edition by the publisher but was not otherwise influenced in this review. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment